Direct Admission In Sri Siddhartha Medical College | Management Quota Admission In Sri Siddhartha Medical College | Admission Through Management Quota In Sri Siddhartha Medical College 2018
MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) is the most popular and designated degree in medical field. This degree not only provides immense knowledge of a human body but also makes a person responsible, self-dependent and proficient. MBBS is an undergraduate degree programme in medical field. It takes the duration of 5.5 years for the completion of the degree.
The students, who have cleared the 10+2 examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology with a minimum of 50% marks (for GENERAL) & 45% (for SC/ST) can apply for MBBS degree course and student’s age should be between 17 years to 25 years.
This course contains the basic subjects like
MBBS requires the individual to be more skilled in fine work, be empathetic, be patient and be socially active to interact with patients and provide them with the practical knowledge of diseases and disorders.
Sri Siddhartha Medical College (SSMC) was established in the year 1988. The Medical College and hospital is located in the outskirts of Tumkur city and is just 76 Km away from Bangalore city and is connected by road and railways. The lush-green vicinity of the college makes it impossible to ignore the fascinating beauty it holds within. The vision of the college is to impart the sense of creativity, talent and knowledge to the students. They provide an environment of quality education to mould young minds and make them capable of welcoming future with vigour and stability.
The campus is spread in 220 acres of land. The climate is similar to Bangalore, which is highly breezy and mesmerizing. Campus has in a total of 21 buildings including furnished quarters for staffs, separate buildings for pre and para-clinical departments, library and information centre. The college hosts lot of facilities like auditorium, hostels (separate for Under Graduate, Post Graduate and NRI Students with mess attached to each hostel, which serves delicious vegetarian food.), library (can accommodate 200 students at a time and is a two-storey building). The campus hosts a separate building for hospital. It is a 1350 bedded hospital, fully equipped with 12 operation theatres. The hospital is fulfilling the needs of rural population. A post office and a bank is located in the hospital campus to cater the needs of staff, students and the public . There is a canteen, fruit stall and a phone booth for everyone.
Direct admissions are made through an All India Common Entrance Test conducted by UGC or by an institution approved by the UGC. Total number of M.B.B.S seats at Sri Siddhartha Medical College is 130. The regulations of the admissions are made by UGC, MCI and government of Karnataka. Out of 130 MBBS seats 80% of the seats, that is 104 seats, are occupied by the students who clear/pass the university-based entrance examination. And the rest of the 20% seats, that is 26 seats, are occupied by the students who enrol into the course through management or NRI quota.
Admission in Sri Siddhartha Medical College is strictly subjected to meeting the eligibility criteria. Admission in this college cannot be made through AIPMT or NEET counselling. The fee structure is decided by the guidelines provided by the government of Karnataka. The fees differ for students seeking admission under management and NRI quota.
Also Read :